Get a complete picture of your land ownership with Khatian in Land Records. A Khatian is a crucial document in the land records system of West Bengal, providing important information about your property, such as ownership details, boundaries, and transaction history.
Access your Khatian information easily and conveniently through the Banglarbhumi portal and mobile app, developed by the West Bengal government.
With a Khatian, you can confidently prove your property ownership for various legal and administrative purposes. Stay informed about your land and secure your property rights with Khatian in Land Records.
What is Khatian in Land Records?
Khatian is a term used in the land records system in India, particularly in the state of West Bengal. It refers to a document that contains important information about a specific piece of land, such as its ownership, boundaries, and any transactions that have taken place. The Khatian is a crucial document in the land records system, as it provides a legal and official record of the ownership and history of a piece of land.
In West Bengal, the Khatian is maintained by the West Bengal Land & Land Reforms Department and can be accessed through the Banglarbhumi portal. Citizens can view and download their Khatian information online through the portal, providing them with an easy and convenient way to access important information about their properties.
Having a Khatian for your property is important, as it provides you with proof of ownership and can be used for various legal and administrative purposes, such as selling or transferring ownership of the property, settling disputes, or obtaining loans. It is also important to keep a clear and accurate record of land ownership in the state.
How to check Khatian in West Bengal?
You can check your Khatian (also known as a plot or land ownership document) in West Bengal through the Banglarbhumi portal. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Visit the Banglarbhumi website: Go to the official Banglarbhumi website (www.banglarbhumi.gov.in) to check your Khatian.
2. Login to your account: If you have already registered for an account on the Banglarbhumi portal, log in using your email address and password. If you haven’t registered yet, you will need to complete the registration process first.
3. Click on the “Khatian & Plot Information” button: Once you have logged in to your account, click on the “Khatian & Plot Information” button to access the Khatian information page.
4. Enter your Khatian number: Enter the Khatian number for the plot of land that you want to view. The Khatian number is a unique identifier for each plot of land in West Bengal.
5. View your Khatian information: Once you have entered your Khatian number, click on the “Submit” button to view your Khatian information. This will include details such as the owner’s name, the location of the plot, and the size of the plot.
6. Download your Khatian: If you need a copy of your Khatian for reference or for use in other transactions, you can download a copy of the document from the Banglarbhumi portal.
By following these steps, you can easily access and view your Khatian information through the Banglarbhumi portal. This convenient and secure solution makes it easy to manage and track your land records, helping you to stay informed about your land ownership and to make decisions related to your property.
How to register and log in to Banglarbhumi portal?
To register and login to the Banglarbhumi portal, follow these steps:
- Visit the Banglarbhumi portal at http://banglarbhumi.gov.in/
- Click on the “Citizen Login” button located on the right side of the homepage.
- Click on the “New User? Register Here” link.
- Fill out the registration form with your personal and property information, including your name, address, email address, and mobile number.
Once you have logged in to the Banglarbhumi portal, you will be able to access a variety of information about your property, including your Khatian details, land maps, and transaction history.